The Internal Apocolypse

I'm about 2 weeks into my self-administered herbal mission, and last night I was awoken by waves of pain in my legs and nausea. I stayed in bed, it passed, and I was able to sleep for a while longer before my boyfriend's phone buzzed violently with a non-warning (*?) from Pickering Nuclear Power Station. 
The good news is that a) I'm well out of the imminent danger zone, and b) I've been eating plenty of seaweed for dietary iodine. Apparently, iodine is great for fighting off Lyme, but also, my thyroid seems to appreciate it. I guess the silver lining here is that in that way I'm ready for a nuclear fallout. 

Speaking of, I already feel like I've been living the post-apocalyptic lifestyle for years from how I've felt at times. Although, perhaps I could make use of my better days to brush up on my archery skills...

(* Ya, I don't know. They say they were testing the emergency messaging system, I say it was an employee making a cry out to the public to raise awareness about a dangerous, dying old power station running on archaic technology.)

Comments

Popular Posts