Ontario woman seeks diagnosis...?

I need to vent. Here I am, living in Ontario, Canada, where the testing and treatment Lyme disease is a big joke. If you're here reading this, then I expect that maybe you already know how hard it is to get a diagnosis, nevermind treatment. I also live in an endemic area.

I have been tested twice to be negative.

I have gotten fed up after years of suffering from mysterious ailments like low energy, terrible pms, vertigo, and so much more, and repeatedly told by doctors that there has been nothing wrong with me.

At one point I couldn't even finish a sentence due to the brain fog. Sure, nothing to worry about here...sure.

I will be so cocky as to say that any advances I made in my health were done out of my own will to survive. I made myself get better. Me.

So what do I need doctors for anyway?  Seriously?  My only use for them is to order blood tests to get more information about my condition.

Maybe that's a bad attitude. Someone once said to me that I should play the game with the government funded doctors and pursue a diagnosis through them. Maybe I will, but I'm not going to stress too much about it at this point, because my expectations for answers are so low.

I have a little note to myself stuck to my computer: to not waste time on things with no return. Some good advice to myself.

What does have proven good return? My interest in reading studies and figuring out herbal solutions to my problems. Not only that, but using as many herbs which grow naturally around me as possible.

The solutions from the government are not sustainable. Wealthy people get to pay to go the the United States to get proper testing and treatment.  The rest of us are left with no options. This is bullshit. I refuse to accept this. 

The local Lyme group sent me a symptoms quiz to fill out and I got a number that was over 100. Apparently this is high. I live in a high Lyme area, love the forest and camping, and have a dog. All the risk factors are there. It's a sure bet that I have at least one of those tick diseases, if not more.

The real evidence to me is how I take antibiotic herbs and for 2 weeks, I feel like absolute crap. It's like all the symptoms come back all at once. Apparently this is characteristic of a herx reaction to medication and cell die-off. This will be the second time I've done an herbal anti-bacterial/anti-parasite protocol. It's now 2+ weeks later, and I don't completely feel like death anymore.

Add to this evidence a recent blood test which showed high white blood cells and high neutrophils. My body is clearly fighting something.

So do I want a diagnosis? Sure, but my expectations are currently set very low because this is Ontario after all. 

I live in a high Lyme area where the medical professionals are useless.

The good thing is that medicinal plants grow all around. What if your average person could actually make their own medicine and keep themselves well? Hmmm...

Comments

Popular Posts